Freedom of Information Act
Publication Scheme for Academies
Aim of the publication scheme:
The publication scheme covers the Federation’s commitment on the following points:
- To proactively publish, or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the Federation and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information that is held by the Federation and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the Federation makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.
The classes of available information:
- Class 1 – Who Are We and What We Do
- Class 2 – What We Spend and How We Spend It
- Class 3 – What Our Priorities Are and How We Are Doing
- Class 4 – How We Make Decisions
- Class 5 – Our Policies and Procedures
- Class 6 – Lists and Registers
- Class 7 – The Services We Offer
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure. This includes information protected by the Data Protection Act.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Click here for Freedom of Information: Guide to information available
The latest FOI policy can be requested by email
Any other enquiries?
To submit a request and ensure we provide the information you require, please use the following template FOI Letter request
All requests will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.