Achieving success through motivation, knowledge and skills
High Street, Winterbourne
Bristol BS36 1JL
Telephone: 01454 252000
Fax: 01454 250404
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a high quality internationally recognised qualification undertaken by over 900,000 students in over 140 Countries
The Programme offers a broad spectrum of learning areas and a core component focusing on the development of personal life skills suitable for progression to higher education as well as key skills and experience useful in the workplace.
If you are not sure what you want to do but enjoy a challenge, then the Diploma Programme is right for you. Students who have selected the IB Diploma at Winterbourne International Academy over the years have done so for a variety of reasons. Some simply did not want to specialise so soon, some wanted to become vets and required Sciences and Mathematics but were not ready to discontinue other subjects they enjoyed, some wished to continue their studies abroad at international universities, some were interested in developing international mindedness, some were keen on the Core aspects or prospects of travel and some wanted the breadth and depth of the programme, which is so attractive to universities and the workplace.
Whatever your interests and personal skills, you will benefit greatly from the Core component. Our extensive international partnerships and video conferencing facilities enable travel opportunities and a full programme of events and activities to provide a real international experience.
The IB Diploma is a recommended programme of study if you are thinking of progressing to university. Students currently at University have reported that the IB Diploma Programme fully prepared them to undertake their degree with ease.
Our students who have completed the IB Diploma Programme have undertaken a whole range of courses at various universities such as:
Physics - University of Bath
Veterinary Science - University of Bristol
Mathematics - University of Warwick
Biomedical Science - University of Southampton
Mandarin & Spanish - University of Manchester
Arabic Studies - SOAS
Business Studies (sponsored by LOGIKA) - University of Reading
Summary of key findings of recent research conducted by HESA:
• 44.2% of IB Higher Education entrants holding 35 or more - IB points attended a top 20 Higher Education Institution.
• 91.0% of IB Higher Education entrants holding 44-45 points - attended one of the top 20 Higher Education Institutions.
• IB students go on to be employed in graduate level jobs and - in higher paid occupations.
• Winterbourne International Academy is in its’ sixth year of delivering the IB Diploma
• With the broadest choice of subjects on offer in the South West
• A full commitment to internationalism across the Academies
• Fully trained and experienced specialist teachers
• An excellent record of results
• A member of IBSCA
• Coordination of network events with other IB Schools
• Extensive international partnerships across the World
• A designated international room
• International travel opportunities
• Events, conferences and excursions
• An IB team to provide support throughout the Programme
• An assigned tutor with an international and IB specialism to provide pastoral support
• Excellent opportunities through the Creativity, Action, and Service Programme
• Video conferencing facilities to connect with Schools and organisations all over the World
• One of a handful of schools to achieve the International School Award ‘Ambassador’ status
• Strong relationships with local industry and universities
• Career advice and guidance
• Tutorial Programme, personal counselling, learning support and personal skill development
Mrs. Shelley Swift, Federation Head of International & IBDP Coordinator
Telephone 01454 822149