About The Ridings’ Federation of Academies
The Ridings’ Federation of Academies was established in 2009 with the core purpose of raising and sustaining educational standards. As a result, £35 million has been invested in new facilities at Winterbourne International Academy and Yate International Academy, which will ensure students, residents and businesses benefit from the best facilities and resources available in South Gloucestershire.
The Ridings’ Federation of Academies consists of:
- Winterbourne International Academy (11-19 academy)
- Winterbourne International Academy Sixth Form Centre
- Yate International Academy (3-19 all-through academy including
- Woodlands Primary Phase
- Woodlands Nursery
- Cotswold Edge Sixth Form Partnership (with Brimsham Green and Chipping Sodbury Schools)
- Ridings’ Commerce (incorporating Adult Learning, facility hire, sport& leisure programme)
From nursery to sixth form and for our adult learners, the Trust promotes ‘Empowering all to excel’ and endorses an ethos of internationalism which in turn offers life- changing opportunities and prepares our young people for their future as global citizens.
The Ridings’ Federation of Academies like to share our facilities with the local community. Therefore Ridings’ Commerce Ltd offers Adult Learning and Leisure&Sport activities throughout the year outside normal curriculum hours so the very young to the very ‘experienced’ can also learn and enjoy what is on offer. Find out more on the Leisure and Learning Website.
Our vision statement
Empowering all to excel